TOWARDS THE END OF THE TUNNEL

Can we play our old game of reversing staff? The kind of game where we enter through the exit door, and exit through the Entrance door, just to see what would happen..

This weekend we have a trip to NASA, and I’m so excited about it. My ticket to NASA is already here, just waiting patiently for the day.. I know there are  a number of things I can learn at that place; issues of signals, navigation, just to mention a few, the knowledge which can be useful in building my career.

Some Navigation Tutorials

New member in the Cabin Crew?

But what if the unexpected happens? Oh, by unexpected, I mean the undesired, some forces of nature.

Just got news we may experience a hurricane or a tropical storm in a couple of days, so if it falls on the day we plan to have our trip, then the trip will have to wait..  So let’s keep our eyes on the news!

MOVING FORWARD

This week has been full of coding coding coding. There are a number of challenges we have faced, but today, we can see some light at the end of the tunnel. We have managed to upload the code to the Arduino board for our design, and we are glad to say the microphone and LEDs are responding positively, they can at last obey our code. We are not yet at the point of commanding the whole circuitry, but we will get there in a few days time.

THANK YOU RICE 360°!

Since you taught us that there is nothing like free lunch, so what name do you give to the kind lunch you don’t spend money on? Today, as Thursday as usual, we had sandwiches, and some cookies for our SEED lunch. Guess what? We just received an invitation to Lunch at RICE 360°! I don’t know what you will call two consecutive days of not spending money on lunch.

While my colleagues were going to the soccer game between Houston Dynamos and New York Red-bulls, I was on my way to Houston International  Airport, flying to Virginia where I spent my weekend. This weekend was one of a kind; a long weekend, harboring Independence celebrations for both America and Malawi.  I can’t thank  RICE 360° enough for the opportunity to be one of the 2019 Summer Interns. There is so much I am learning, let alone this kind of exposure.  If you want to know how the soccer game ended, I may not be a reliable source. Ask me about my trip to Manassas, Virginia, and I will show the pictures from Signal Hill, The White House, National Air & Space Museum, Word Alive Church, etc.

Isn’t this White House?

At Manassas Signal Hill Water Park

At National Air and Space Museum

Washington Welcomes Warmly

Thank you once again Dr Veronica, Georgia, Brittany and RICE 360° staff, for the arrangement you made;- booking and paying for my flight to visit my family! They say ‘Virginia is for lovers’, I can’t agree more. I really had an awesome time with this loving family. I don’t know what places I have not yet visited in Manassas and/or Washington, but I know I have visited a number of them within the space of three days. There is no fun without fam.

On a sad note, one of the fellow interns from Tanzania lost his dad on Tuesday last week. This is a blow not only on his family in Tanzania, but even on us. He has lost, we have lost too. We are family. Much thanks to Dr. Hunter and RICE for the coordination and arrangement that he could fly to Tanzania and attend the funeral ceremony. Now he is back.

Oh, I haven’t forgotten why I am here in the first place. It’s not just about fun, we are also working. I mean as Team Ringing the Decibels, we are working. I am hopeful next time I write to you, I will show you something worthy our time and effort.

Until then, I wish you all the best

Clement Misomali

One Response

1. Carolyn Huff at |

What a fabulous experience you had in Virginia!! It sounds as if you have been and will be enjoying other joyous occasions.

I am so glad you have found a family in Houston. You and your teammates have met many challenges and enjoyed many successes. With your teammate’s loss of his father, your support of him is so important.

Reply