Second week

We start this week with the prototyping of the okapi enrichment device. My team build a low fidelity prototype to proof of concept and the function idea, we made some mistakes when we have not used fast materials to build the low fidelity prototype, but we learn with this and improve the project.

Our project is a feeder with shelves inside where the food is placed, the shelves have a bracket with a skewer where a carrot is attached. The carrot act as an activator which when eaten enough causes food to fall at the bottom where the okapi can reach it with its tongue.

Medium Fidelity Prototype

On Tuesday we finished the Boot Camp with the presentation of all okapi enrichment device teams.

On Wednesday, the teams and the projects were defined. My team is the FOOT FOR A KING and I really like my project, the Diabetic Foot Checker. We starting reading all documentation about the problem and the existing solutions and finish the day with a list of questions for our client.

On Thursday the day started in the conference room, with a brief of all teams. After that my team had the interview with the client. The interview helped us with key points of the project

Team FOOT FOR A KING

And in the afternoon we had a workshop about Needs Finding with the Bio Engineer’s professor. The experience was awesome, we discovered more about the real difficulty that many people feel and find out how to help them.

The experience