First Week at OEDK

Today is the last day of our first week at OEDK. I arrived from Brazil last Saturday and I can not believe that we are here for less than one week, we did lots of things. Despite Brazil is a tropical country, I am from a city (Porto Alegre) that often has 32°F in the winter (and we do not have any heater). I also lived in Sweden for the last winter, what make me have some difficulties to get adapted to the Houston’s weather.

During this first week we have been introduced to the OEDK, its safety procedures and method of work. We had a reverse engineering dynamics where we disassembled an old computer monitor to understand how it works. We started to study the Engineering Design process and we will be working on it until the next Tuesday.

Here we have a photo from the Morphological Chart that we did Yesterday (Thursday):

To understand better the process, we are creating a device to the Houston’s zoo. We have been working hard on it during this week in listening the “client”, clarifying team assignment, understanding the problem, making the design criteria, defining scales, doing the pairwise comparison chart, decomposition, brainstorming and the morphological chart.

I am very excited for today’s and next week work, where we will be learning and doing the Engineering Decision Maker (Pugh Screening and Pugh Scoring), prototyping, testing and presenting!