EVERYDAY I GOTTA LEARN

Hello there!

This week has been short due to the  independence holiday, nevertheless the most busy week i have ever had since the beginning of SEED.

Last Friday, we a meeting with our mentor, Gene Frantz. He gave us insights on how to approach the overheating problem of the motor used in the previous prototype. He offered us his office so that we could carry out motor testing with his electrical testing equipment. He also told us how to protect the electronics in a device from unfriendly environmental elements .

We had Midsummer presentations on Tuesday and more hours were dedicated to works on presentation practice, even though  only two members of our group were presenting. We had to make sure that everything worked properly by proving every information they needed to make a successful presentation. Our effort brought fruits, they killed it!!! We also received feedback a lot of feedback from the audience which will help us improve in the area we did not perform well.

We assigned everyone to work on different tasks. My specific tasks were reassembling the “Take A Breather” (previous prototype), simulating the circuit and  carrying out the motor testing. I had a lot of challenges fulfilling my tasks. I like facing new challenges because they come with new lessons. It was fun being challenged in the ways I never thought I would.

Tonight, Dr Hunter is taking us BBVA stadium to watch a soccer match, Houston Dynamo vs New York Red Bulls.  Watching soccer is one of the good ways of relaxing after work.

5 Responses

1. Carolyn Huff at |

It sounds as if challenges involving the motor from the Take a Breather team didn’t bother you. Your photos suggest the complexity of what your team is working on, and you are obviously up to the challenges.

I agree that your team did excellent work in order to make the presentations clear and thorough. The graphics were impressive.

I hope you are enjoying some time off from so much intense work.

Reply
    1. Moses Phika at |

Yes, I am really enjoying

Reply
  2. Carolyn Huff at |

And from you latest blog, I see you are learning and teaching too.

Reply
  3. Carolyn Huff at |

I thought I wrote “your latest”and see that it came up “you latest.” I apologize for the error.

Reply
  4. Carolyn Huff at |

I thought I wrote “your latest” and see it came up “you latest.” I apologize for the error.

Reply