Week 7: sudo apt-get documentation-973

Team FFAK after the finals

This our final design, a home scanning lets diabetic patients independently inspect their feet, using 2 USB cameras with different angles to take images  for different angles and a computerized system. The device is controlled from a web page by smartphones, computers etc.

During all this process we build an amazing mirrored enclosure with a removable and easy to be cleaned pad. We also integrated a toe separator part that moves back and forth on the top of the pad. On the device we have the interior camera fixed 3D-printed mount for bare camera PCB and the exterior camera maintain original casing and lighting on swivel joint. For the electronic part we build a schematic to control the parts using 5V or 12V. The software are running on a raspberry pi, a small, fast embedded board with wireless connection.

Everything works pretty well, during the presentation we had a functional demonstration. The next step is refine the quality and the method that the device capture the images. Also ours plans include a better software for recognize ulcer.

Today we started the documentation and when I looked the code I discovered that we have 973 lines of raw code to comment!!

Also we cleaned ours tables and the places, machines and tools that we have used on OEDK.

I will go back to Brazil on August 1 and before that I hope finish personal projects like my super computer using multiple raspberry pi zeros connected to have more processing and efficiency. And the other is a 3D Inspect Cam, a device to lets the 3D printers users be able to see  their printings from out of OEDK using a smartphone to control.

The Projects

“my super computer”

3D Inspect Cam