6th Week in OEDK: fishing scapulas

Well, this week was tough! We made our medium fidelity prototype, again… but this is actually good to learn with our mistakes. We are  always modifying some details, so we spend a lot of time building everything again. In my opinion this is the best part, to build things is very fun, I’m always learning something new from my group. Everyday we had a different challenged, something new to change and improve.

We had a lot of problems with our springs, but we are going to the right way now, I guess… We ordered new ones, because we discover that is not possible to cut springs, it wouldn’t be the same. The main problem was about the long size, it was supposed to be one inch less than was. Other problems that we face, was about the distribution of weigh in the scapula, it was not staying in the normal position, since the arm was heavy and make the scapula turn with the slip disk. So the solution was making the slip disk adjustable, now its able to tight and untight to make the scapula stands to the place that it supposed to be.

Beyond work, this weekend I went to the aquarium. It was very fun, it wasn’t the biggest one, but there were a lot of fish and even a white tiger, also the restaurant was amazing. I usually don’t tell here a lot about the places that I’ve already been, but there are actually a lot. This weekend my dad will be here to visit me, he was working in Portland, so today he is coming. My dad, Julia and I we have plans to go to NASA on Saturday, other plans for this weekend is to go to the Funplex on Sunday, I’m very excited about it.

Unfortunately this experience is almost over, but I could make a lot of things, like get experience, meet some places and make a real good friend, Julia and I we already have plans to do in Brazil already. I’m very happy about it, It’s been 6 weeks that I’m here, but was too fast. Everything have an end in this life, so I’m trying to do my best to help my group to finish our Project and enjoy the max the time that I still have here.

Even more aesthetic

ALSO WE ANSWERED A INTERVIEW FROM OUR UNIVERSITY

PLEASE TAKE A TIME AND ACCESS TH LINK HERE TO SEE! 

http://www.pucrs.br/en/blog/international-experience-in-oedk-summer-program/

One Response

1. Carolyn Huff at |

I am pleased that you and Julia connected and that your close friendship will continue. You also did well with the members of your team and created a useful, attractive device in the space of only a few weeks. Harrell and I wish you continued success and hope you can use the skills you developed at Rice to share with others. It looks as if you made the most of every day while you were here.

Reply