First Week in OEDK

Hello ,

My name is Rebeca, I’m 20 years old and I came from Brazil almost a week ago.  I’m student from Porto Alegre, my major is computer engineer at PUCRS.

Last friday (June 8) I arrived here in Houston, everything was so different, maybe because it’s my first time traveling alone. I’ve never actually been in a university in USA before. Here everything is so huge and of course very hot. In Brazil was almost winter season when I left, so the temperature was very cold and fell all the hot here was a little surprising.

In the beginning was very difficult to find myself in the university. There are a lot of buildings, and to be honest everything looks the same(I’m still thinking that…). Like I’ve said before, the university is so big.

My first day of SEED at the OEDK was great, I met all my colleagues and we made a lot of activities to know each other better. Everyone was so welcoming, I’ve honestly felt at home. Other activity that we’ve done in the first day was a hunt in the zoo. We had the opportunity to explore the Zoo and learn something about the animals.

On the second day we were still doing activities to know more each other and other cultures. We did a cultural presentation to share and compare Brazilian and American habits with all the group. After the internship we receive some homework to do, some “video classes” to learn about how make a good project and learn about design kitchen. That will we be doing until next week.

Other important activity that we had this week, was our “first client”. We went again in the zoo, to start making a project to help the tapirs to have fun. We are still in process of that activity, that what will be doing until next week. This project will help us to grow up to the next one.

Well, that all for today!Wish me luck!