DISCOVER THYSELF

The long week end

Hello world!

Last week,  we had a very long weekend which made me almost forgot one of the best places I have to be at, the  OEDK,  due to the Independence holiday. Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that the Land of the free and the Home of the brave was once colonized. During the same weekend on 6th July we had my country’s (Malawi) Independence Day celebration in Dallas.

Back to work!!!

We came back to work on Sunday for just 4 hours in order to jump start our week.  This week we have been working on Arduino code for the project, low fidelity and medium fidelity prototype covers, and the electronic circuit. My specific tasks for this week were designing the electronic circuit and transferring the circuit from the bread board to the PCB.  Truth be told, I enjoy designing and drawing circuits on my PC using Fritzing, NI Multisim and Proteus but when it came to transferring the circuit to the PCB, this gave me headache because I used to hate soldering. Imagine electrical engineer who hates soldering! This week I have eaten that frog (soldering) and I enjoyed it. I have just discovered through practice that soldering is one of the hard skills  that I posses and I even taught my teammates how to do it.

We have completed all our tasks for this week.  We had  a chance of testing our prototype and it is capable of performing all the basic functions.

We also had a meeting with our client Dr Abidi who was happy with our progress. Today we had a meeting with our faculty mentor, Gene Frantz.

One Response

1. Carolyn Huff at |

It is gratifying to learn that you now not only enjoy soldering but also taught your teammates how to do it, as teaching others the skill reinforces your use of it.

I am also pleased to learn your prototype is functioning so well.

You have had an especially productive week.

Reply