Ringing The Summer Bells

I kicked off my week with a wind up on the research that me and the rest of the three ringers were conducting after which, we made an interesting mind map. On the very same day, we presented our mind map to the rest of the SEED participants who threw in some pointers of what we needed to improve on and we did just that soon after the meeting had ended.

Tuesday is the day we had the very first formal meeting as Ring the decibels, at which we assigned weekly roles to each one of us and drafted our plans for the project. I must say, the team has improved a lot since the team pit stop and we making so much noise now, literally. After assigning who was doing what, we proceeded to define our design criteria and taping the entire basement of the OEDK for Sound mapping, and this was way tiresome and something we urge no one to try.

To finish the day off, we had a Solid-works tutorial led by Grant.

I begun the following day with a presentation on the design criteria we had developed, which was improved afterwards. It was a pretty busy day as we went on to make a Gantt Chart, a table of contents binder and check out the microphones that had arrived from the order we placed the week before. The highlight of the day was probably the  collection of sound data that we did the rest of the afternoon. So we basically made loud and annoying noises and measured the levels at different points in the basement and surprisingly, most people didn’t put a smile to it like the rest of the team did. We’ll give it a try soon, maybe they will enjoy it this time around.

As of today, i and the team brainstormed on different solutions to the project, after which we proceeded to make a morph chart, screen and score our solutions. We also had SEED lunch, sandwiches and chips, where i noted the Doritos from this part of this world taste’s weird. To cap the day off, we met the Huff’s, quite a nice, chatty and cute couple and the team actually took a picture with them. The week has been fun and all i can say is, TO MORE NOISE this summer.

3 Responses

1. Carolyn Huff at |

I like your sense of humor. It sounds as if you are having fun while learning.

Reply
  2. Carolyn Huff at |

I am so glad to hear that!

Reply